Wednesday 13 August 2008

Beijing Dreams


In all my excitement of starting up my blog I nearly forgot to mention that I have some work in a lovely exhibition called Beijing Dreams at the Scunthorpe Visual Arts Centre Oriental figures have always had a way of finding themselves in my work - I've always loved Eastern influences in pattern and design and was lucky enough to go to Japan in the '80's to demonstrate my work in a large department store . On the journey there we were forced to land in Beijing due to a typhoon in Tokyo and were treated to a whirlwind tour of the city and dinner courtesy of the air line ( Pakistan ) I'm not sure one would get the same treatment nowadays !

Following some images that are in the show are some other items of Eastern promise that are dotted around the studio.

1 comment:

Bev said...

Hello!

I love your books and am so happy to find your blog! I recently started blogging and your blog is just so wonderful that I have added it to my favorites. It's beautiful! Please stop by any time! Of course, my blog can't compare to yours but I would love any suggestions! Thanks!

Cheery wave from

Bev
http://comfycollars.blogspot.com