Thursday 1 March 2012

A flock of fairies

This wonderful Spring sunshine has spurred me on to show off some new fairies from the up and coming Spring / Summer collection ( by which I mean my collection in various shoe boxes of fairies I have been stashing away with the sunnier weather in mind ... the snowflake and frosted ones are put on the top shelf to hibernate ! )
Above we have the butterfly girls - they are 2 inches high with a wing span of 2.5 - 3 inches.
They are embroidered and bejewelled and have hand painted silk wings and are £10 each.





Next up ( and I'm really pleased with these ) are my cotton reel fairies. I think they look really cute standing up proud and true on their little wooden plinths. Their little feet hook neatly in to the hole ( and they can be prised out to hang on their silver thread hanger. ) They are embroidered with tulle and metallic lace , their wings are embroidered organza and tulle and they are carrying paper rose wands. They are £20 including the cotton reel. I shall now be raiding boot sales and markets for these obsolete objects ...


Next in line are my sitting fairies ( also on wooden reels. ) These are made with pink and white chiffon and are wired to sit and bend. They have stiff paper wings and a satin pink rose at their waist. All my fairies are made in limited editions and are never exactly the same as I have to get on to the next piece of fabric that inspires me , so there are only 3 pink and two white of these. Priced at £15 with the reel.




Latest fairy fashion is this seasons flower hats ... these girls are 3 inches high, have stiff paper wings, silk fibre hair, and are wearing coloured tights ( not easy to fit on this scale I can assure you ! ) Price £13.



Coming soon to my website bettybibdolls.com are some bigger 9 inch fairies as well as some of the smaller ones featured here.
Happy Spring days and keep on fairy spotting !



No comments: