Friday 25 May 2012

Feeling Floral


 With all this wonderful weather I have been feeling very floral - such a delight to waft through the garden like a fairy , picking posies and thinking of painting all the blooms and blossom.


 I just love getting up close to flowers and looking in to their hidden worlds ...




 Have found some water colours that I did for my own amusement a couple of years ago ( can't remember if I have posted these before ) . Seeing them again makes me want to paint some more this year.





 I must get some more geraniums back in to this part of the garden  - that splash of red draws the eye through the dark arch of ivy.


Bringing the garden in to the house ...




 Have rearranged the mantlepiece after painting it ( it was a very dark wood before and now the room seems much lighter )  and found a home for our china birds ... these tulips are nearly over but I love their floppy charm .

Don't forget to look out for the fairies at the bottom of your garden ( best at twilight - this heat wilts their wings. )


No comments: