Saturday 28 March 2015

Easter Tidings



DEAR FAIRY FOLLOWERS,
Betty's Cottage is full of Spring flowers and all my fairies are full of extra energy
as the earth warms up and Easter approaches. There is an air of excitement as
chocolate eggs are hidden and found ...no fairy can resist egg shaped chocolate
wrapped in such shiny foil.






Buncle has been hiding this lovely specimen away in the garden for weeks.
Ty-Ping had squirrelled  this little sugar bunny in my desk ...
I found Bees-wax dusting down the Easter chicks ( and by the sound they were making I would say they are very ticklish.)
She and Buzz then found the primrose saucer in which to arrange the little eggs ...
and then Lolly and Buncle  decided to re-arrange it with the Easter bunny .
 I was very pleased to see that Twinkle was taking her recycling duties seriously and was sorting out the silver foil.
And then I realised she was dreaming up ways to make it into a new sparkly dress ( well I suppose it is another way of using up the waste paper ! )
Amongst all the activity I found some squabbling going on in the kitchen as  the girls were finding it difficult to keep the chicks in order and then Bees -wax told me that Buzz had got stuck under a pile of eggs looking for  a runaway little chick and couldn't get out
( those little solid eggs are quite heavy on a fairy's wing you know.)

After helping him out of his predicament he decided to check out all the  places a chick might
hide ...




and when he reappeared he looked like he was enjoying the hunt a little too much...
The chick was eventually  found so I couldn't be too cross that he had broken into the egg a little ahead of Easter and now the little chick follows him around everywhere !

Lolly and Buncle managed to restore order and wanted an official Easter photo so here it is and they have just reminded me that I have to announce that a fairy will be sent out to Raphaella in Rio De Janeiro ( a long way to fly ! ) Saskia and Jane the fairy lover from South Yorkshire ( if she can e mail me her address please ! ) Thank you so much to all who sent in such lovely comments.

Hope you all have a very Happy Chocolatey Easter .
With Love, Betty x

3 comments:

DollZandThingZ said...

Just discovered your blog and wonderful fairies! It's still gray and cold around here, so your Easter fairies are a bright spot. So creative, so cute and whimsical! Happy Easter and spring to you!

betty bib said...

Thanks so much Helen , I like the look of your tiny fungi too- most fairy like !

Jack said...

Such a great work you guys have done and so beautifully presented too. I am so impressed with this skill and creativity. Keep it up