Monday 1 June 2009

All In Place


Well this has been my first purchase for the new studio - a lovely spotty broom and a very important one it is if I am to keep it looking as spick and span as it is now ( dream on - the next batch of fairies will restore my workspace back into a fluffy, fraying chaos.) But for the moment I can walk in and admire all my  shelves newly arranged and still relatively uncrowded and feel in control of this particular patch of the world ... what a nice feeling; however you do have to crack eggs to make an omelette and I will have to mess up this serene scene eventually !

Some of my dolls squashed between books and an old chocolate box containing crayons.
And below at last a home for my 'Magic Baking Powder', on the back of the tin it reads,
'Poudre a Pate Magic', so it must have belonged to some French fairies originally !




Following on is the shell tea pot I made for Betty Bib's Fairy Year book - talking of spick and span earlier the fairy sisters Spick and Span usually sleep in that pot but I've lost them in the move ( sure they'll turn up , they usually do. ) 



I'm so happy to have this space at last, as where I machined before was tucked into a dark corner and all my bits and pieces were balanced around me on the floor ( often falling over and spilling into the sandy cracks of a brick floor - I've left Brian with a very sparkly studio ! ) Now I can reach out and grab what I need ... in theory that is as I still can't resist putting ribbons etc in decorative boxes and woven baskets and then not remembering what's in them.


More dolls and a felt sausage dog - will post a better picture of him next time as he really is a great example of '50's toy making.



Another wider shot and I've just realised I haven't shown my office chair that I've covered 
( in haste )  with an old embroidered tablecloth - also next time !


Just to prove that I haven't just been titivating - here are some mermaid brooches that  I have just sent down to the Sandpiper gallery in Cornwall - it's  beautifully placed looking over the harbour, well worth looking up either in the net or in person if you are down there. In case you are wondering they were made in the old studio but I will confess to doing a spot of painting in the new place, which was easy to clear up - enabling me to still feel all is pristine.



I know it's really fiddly but I just love placing these sequins in just the right spot ... 
Bye for now ... there's just a little more 'arranging' to do !

No comments: