Wednesday 23 November 2011

Christmas venues

I shall be at the following venues this Christmas season ; Joy Fox's house ( see above )
and at 52, Carlysle Road , Hove for the Open House ritual ( the last week end in November and the first two week ends in December. ) I shall also be at the Great Dixter Christmas fair which will take place in the beautiful Hall there, this week end and sharing a stall with Belen Gomez
www.belengomez.com . It is open between 10 -4 and here is a sneak preview of some of the fairy wares that I shall be showing ! Please note that at Festive Fox I shall be exhibiting my water colour alphabet prints and some garden embroideries. At Carlysle Rd there will be fairies and also my dolls and the greetings cards that they feature on will be on sale for the first time.

Here are some new hanging fairies that I have made in a much more fanciful style this year. (£15.) They are 9cms in height.


And in a box with their secret name inside they are £17.





Couldn't resist making some fairy bears ... £20 in a box with their name - this one is Tatiana.
Meet Custard who decided he didn't want to dress up !

Followed by Bluebell.

Last in line is a tree top fairy measuring 18cms high , She is £30 and I have made this range to be very ornate with embroidered dresses in lovely silks and organdy fabrics with frills and furbelows - to hopefully be handed down as a family heirloom for the top of the tree. I always remember when the tree fairy came out of her tissue wrapping once a year - it was always the most magical part of the fun of dressing the tree and I have found it hard to find anything that is precious enough to fill those shoes in more modern times - which is what got me making fairies in the first place !
Is it too soon to say ' Happy Christmas ' ?!



No comments: